Monday, November 30, 2009

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED


Adventuring within oneself
is not for the faint hearted
There are many times you’ll wish
that you never even started.

Many shall start and few shall finish
The crowd thins out
The lower self pull is too strong
Drenched with fear and doubt

But for those with strong endurance
and strong constitution
to do the journey within the journey
thrusts you toward your evolution.

To undertake the journey of self cleansing
Digging deep into the shadows and pits
is not the fluffy clouds and rainbows
that surface spirituality predicts

There was no map
no tourist information
yet I jumped right in
with no hesitation.

The world within would encourage me
when I screamed to jump off the train
They showed me the rewards I’d reap
by transmuting all my pain.

Confronting all the demons
Shining a torch in their face
as the terror shakes your foundations
and you think you’re out of the race.

As much as you put in you’ll get back
Though you won’t see much change for a while
Which brings up even more fear
for you to reconcile.

The time is now upon me
where the rewards are gushing through
Openly displayed and tangible
A treasured dream come true.

I’ll now go back and sign post
all the tricky bends in the road
for other courageous travellers
to help lighten their heavy load.

No comments:

Post a Comment